Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Concert Review: Snow Patrol Concert Pictures Set 1









(How I Came to Know the Band)

Snow Patrol is one of those bands whose music I am familiar with but don't really know how the band looks like!  Through the years, they have been coming up with particularly inventive songs like Run, or Chasing Cars, or Just Say Yes, but I've never actually bothered to check a video of the band - so up to last night - I had no idea how their lead singer looked like.  All I knew was that he had a fantastic voice and they had songs  which were not necessarily monster radio hits - but appealed to a certain sector of the population - which included me!

I was introduced to the band via the song Set the Fire to the Third Bar.  I was drawn to the song because of the wonderful blending of the voices between the band's lead singer, Gary Lightbody and Martha Wainwright.  I remember the song charting somewhere in the UK singles chart and I was immediately hooked.  I then learned later on that they also did the original version of Leona Lewis' Run, and Just Say Yes, which was always being played as some sort of station ID by the cable channel Star World.

No comments:

Post a Comment