Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, December 6, 2013

Concert Review: A Glorious Night with Lea Salonga




Thanks to Mommy Ligaya Salonga care of Jennifer Sy, I was lucky enough again to score a ticket to see Lea Salonga's Playlist concert last night! I have never actually seen her sing live because even in the Miss Saigon's I've seen, it was a different Kim.

Anyway, if you're planning to watch any concert this Christmas season, I highly recommend that you watch this one. She has another show tonight and I'm sure may tickets pa. I have been used to the frenetic energy of the concerts of foreign artists so I was amazed by how relaxed and dreamy I got when I watched her show last night. Her voice, well, she was sooooo effortless and the notes just seemed to float in the air!

She had several guests like Mitoy, who acquitted himself with a Celine Dion song! Then Ai Ai de las Alas was there and she was very irreverent and funny! Rachelle Anne Go who is going to play Gigi in the West End production of Miss Saigon in May 2014 did a duet with Lea in A Movie in My Mind. I've always felt this kid was underappreciated here so I'm not surprised it took a West End director to finally appreciate her talents!

Lea did a very varied repertoire so don't worry about getting bored especially if you've seen her before! I will not say na lang what she sang para surprise, just in case you are watching her later. And dress up pala! It's probably the most soshyalin crowd I have ever seen in a concert this year with everyone dressed up to the nines, except me!

If you've seen a Barbra Streisand concert, that's how Lea's show felt like. It was like, you were just in your living room and you invited her to sing for you and your family. Comfy kasi pala upuan sa PICC kaya I felt that way. I haven't been to that place since the 80s pa, grabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment