Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, September 4, 2015

Solid Performance from Imagine Dragons





It was a delight to see Imagine Dragons live last night! They truly deserve their Grammy award for Best Rock Performance in 2014 as they sound fantastic live!
The quality of their playing and the voice of their lead vocalist was solid throughout their performance last night - it was like listening to their CD except that this time, their songs were being sung for you!
I like the songs they selected from their latest album, Smoke and Mirrors and standouts for me include Polaroid, Friction, I Bet My Life and the title track itself, Smoke and Mirrors.
They also sang all their hits from Night Vision - It's Time, On Top of the World, Radioactive, and Demons.
I found the pacing uneven though as they decided to divide their well-known hits equally so there would be highs when the hits are played and then lows, punctuated by songs which the audience were not too familiar.
It would've been great if they ended with three well-known songs and maybe It's Time for the encore. At least, the concertgoers would be leaving the arena on a high.
Their encore song, The Fall, doesn't quite have that ooompphhh to be the last song, but maybe it's their personal favorite, so there.
Nevertheless, I've enjoyed partying with the Millennials this past week. Tindig kung tindig ang mga bagets, from the first song to the last song!
My pet peeve in watching a concert with guys my age is that they tend to just sit through the concert, something I fear would happen in Madonna's show here. Oh well, let's wait and see.
By the way, thank you to the guardian angel lady who gave me a Lower Box ticket! God bless you dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment