Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Five Good Tracks from Miguel Escueta's Now It Happens - Track #4 - Sleeping While the World's Awake



This is the third song originally written by Miguel Escueta for this album, and it actually gives me a lot of hope for the future of OPM. The unabashed emotions from his lyrics and the interesting rock musicality he infuses in his songs makes him an interesting artist to watch as he matures in his music and in his life. I guess his record company just had to infuse some remakes into his album just to make sure more people would listen to it (hey I don't mind, I learned of this album because of that Mariah Carey remake!), but I think Miguel has the ability to write an all-original material CD which could mirror where he is now, musically and emotionally in his life. This song is a wonderful indication of what he can do when he wants to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment