Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
There have been some treasures from Maldita's debut album, and Selosa becomes their third #1 hit in my OPM countdown. Here are my t...
-
The Oktaves' second top 10 hit in my OPM top 10 countdown, Paakyat ka pa lang, Pababa Na Ako, moves from #10 to #9 this week.
-
I first heard this song very early of last year and although it charted in the OPM Myx Countdown, I was not able to vote for it since I wa...
-
OneRepublic gets their eleventh top ten hit in my personal countdown, as Counting Stars debuts this week at #5. The band performed this...
-
Chris Cayzer's fourth top 10 hit in my OPM Top 10, Paikot-Ikot, moves from #4 to #3 this week.
-
Just like Parokya ni Edgar , Kamikazee is one of those OPM bands who were already big stars in their own right, before I finally deci...
-
The Canadian rock band Three Days Grace gets their third top 10 album in the US this wee, as Transit of Venus, debuts at #5. 2006 - One...
-
Christina Aguilera gets her sixth top 10 album in the US this week, as Lotus debuts at #7. 1999 - Christina Aguilera (#1) 2002 - St...
-
Ayah Marar has one top ten hit in my personal countdown. 2013 Thinking 'Bout You (with Calvin Harris) (#8)
-
Nicole Scherzinger gets her fifth UK Top 10 hit this week, as Right There , zooms eleven places from #14 to #3. As part of the Pussyc...
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Revisiting the Genius of Gary V. - After All
Gary has had a lot of hit ballads from religious ones 'Take Me Out of the Dark', to Christmas songs, 'Pasko Na Sinta Ko' to his iconic 'Di Na Natuto', but among all those, this is my most favorite one - and yes, it came from that 'Gary' album I've been talking about in this series of articles honoring this guy's genius - which he had even as a young singer and composer in his 20's!
I was still a teenager of 13 years when I heard this song and of course it was only as an adult in my 30s that I really realized what the song meant. Like most beautiful love songs, it's about heartbreak - and that fervent wish that even after that break up, the other lover will realize that it was you he or she was looking for, 'After All'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment