Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
Tony Award winner Idina Menzel has one top 10 hit in the US. 2014 - Let It Go (#5)
-
Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live, will have a concert here this Saturday, April 28, with the band, Vertical Horizon. This will, ...
-
The rapper Wale has one hit in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. 2017 - Colombia Heights (with J. Balvin) (#6) Here's the video of the so...
-
Oh my God!! This is my most favorite video this year simply because of its message of tolerance. Thanks Marsha for spreading this message...
-
This video was taken in one of Jann Arden's concerts in Canada and it shows her fantastic sense of humor and her ability to self-deprec...
-
After a seven year absence from the UK Top 10 , reggae dance hall performer, Sean Paul returns with She Doesn't Mind , his e...
-
Luke Mejares has one top 10 hit in my OPM countdown. 2014 - Strange Flower (with True Faith, Carlo Magno, Ryan Armamento) (#5)
-
Well, just something for you to drool on while you're sucking on that lollipop. Even in his 30's, Joey McInt...
-
Thanks to Body Jam 73, the American-Canadian DJ duo of Duck Sauce gets their second #1 song in my personal countdown, as NRG, moves to ...
-
Josh Groban has eight top ten hits in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. Four of them went all the way to #1. 2002 - To Where You Are (#7) 2...
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Concert Review: Gin Blossoms Sends Fans on a 90s Roadtrip
Being a chart geek that I am, it was impossible not to know the band Gin Blossoms since they did have a string of hits in the mid-90s, and although surprisingly, I don't have a single CD of the band, my knowledge of the band sprung from disparate songs where I don't even know from which albums they came from.
I was actually surprised that they came to the Philippines and I was even more surprised to see a sizeable crowd inside the Araneta Coliseum tonight! They have more fans than James Blunt and Jay Sean! Or maybe because their fans already have jobs now and can afford the price tickets, as opposed to Jay Sean, who may have a hit now at the local airwaves with 2012 but whose fans are teenyboppers who need Mom's approval for a ticket!
Unsurprisingly, the band sounds solid! From the beginning till their 3-song encore! It's actually obvious since if you browse Youtube, you'd see a lot of concert videos posted by their fans!
The local fans sang to many of their hits - I did most notably to 'Found Out About You', 'Allison Road', 'As Long As It Matters'. 'Hey Jealousy', and 'Until I Fall Away'. They did some songs from their latest CD, which does not veer far away from their trademark sound. Their three-song encore also shows how much they appreciated the crowd tonight. According to them, we were the friendliest crowd they ever had! Hmmm...well, knowing us, yeah, we really are!
I really enjoyed the show! Cha and I chose to stand up the whole time since I enjoy a show more if I'm dancing to the tunes, as opposed to be passively sitting. They did promise to come back, hoping the promoters would invite them again. Well, Boyzone and Dionne Warwick and Jojo and David Archuleta have been coming back here so I won't be surprised if they do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment