Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live, will have a concert here this Saturday, April 28, with the band, Vertical Horizon. This will, ...
-
Oh my God!! This is my most favorite video this year simply because of its message of tolerance. Thanks Marsha for spreading this message...
-
The rapper Wale has one hit in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. 2017 - Colombia Heights (with J. Balvin) (#6) Here's the video of the so...
-
Tony Award winner Idina Menzel has one top 10 hit in the US. 2014 - Let It Go (#5)
-
This video was taken in one of Jann Arden's concerts in Canada and it shows her fantastic sense of humor and her ability to self-deprec...
-
Luke Mejares has one top 10 hit in my OPM countdown. 2014 - Strange Flower (with True Faith, Carlo Magno, Ryan Armamento) (#5)
-
After a seven year absence from the UK Top 10 , reggae dance hall performer, Sean Paul returns with She Doesn't Mind , his e...
-
Sometimes, words are not enough to paint a picture, so I just leave you to enjoy these pictures of one of the hot boys ...
-
I'm not sure I would be able to watch the Backstreet Boys during their show this coming week. Money issues! How sad! Anyway, here ...
-
Kris Lawrence finally tops my OPM countdown this week, as Torpe, moves to the top spot. I haven't really followed much of Kris'...
Friday, April 8, 2011
My Britney Spears Top 5 - #1 - 'Toxic'
One of the categories that I closely watch everytime the Grammy Awards comes around is Best Dance Recording - and in 2003, I fully agreed with the academy, when they voted this song as the winner! The song is 'Toxic' and it came from her 'In the Zone' album.
I think it's the best work Britney has ever done! In my opinion, this song was a turning point in her music, as she veered away from 'cutesy' tunes which peppered her early work and signalled to her producers and fans that she was ready for a more mature sounding type of music. After this she ventured into this type of hyperkinetic dance music, which suits her voice very well! Most of her later work are mere sound-alikes of this classic, but I won't be surprised if she will collaborate again with another talented producer in the future and bring change to her current pop sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment