Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of Live, will have a concert here this Saturday, April 28, with the band, Vertical Horizon. This will, ...
-
Oh my God!! This is my most favorite video this year simply because of its message of tolerance. Thanks Marsha for spreading this message...
-
This video was taken in one of Jann Arden's concerts in Canada and it shows her fantastic sense of humor and her ability to self-deprec...
-
Tony Award winner Idina Menzel has one top 10 hit in the US. 2014 - Let It Go (#5)
-
The rapper Wale has one hit in My Weekly Top 10 countdown. 2017 - Colombia Heights (with J. Balvin) (#6) Here's the video of the so...
-
Luke Mejares has one top 10 hit in my OPM countdown. 2014 - Strange Flower (with True Faith, Carlo Magno, Ryan Armamento) (#5)
-
Sometimes, words are not enough to paint a picture, so I just leave you to enjoy these pictures of one of the hot boys ...
-
I'm not sure I would be able to watch the Backstreet Boys during their show this coming week. Money issues! How sad! Anyway, here ...
-
I was able to see two mildly different sets of setlists from Mariah Carey's Elusive Chanteuse tour. This is the one that I like bet...
-
Kris Lawrence finally tops my OPM countdown this week, as Torpe, moves to the top spot. I haven't really followed much of Kris'...
Friday, April 15, 2011
Poom Prommachart Performs Rach Before Appreciative Manila Crowd
Well, I think this will be one of the first classical music videos I'm posting in my music blog. I do listen to classical music and watch classical concerts. It's a beautiful and rewarding experience to watch one of these things and last night, I got the opportunity to see in person, one of the upcoming young pianists in the classical world, Poom Prommachart, who did a difficult piece - Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3 in his show at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, here in Manila, where he performed alongside the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra, under the baton of Olivier Ochanine.
Poom is also a piano competition winner and this video shows his winning form during the Isidor Bajic Piano Competition in Serbia. Well, he certainly looked more confident last night and more commanding in his performance. I guess winning these competition does boost one's belief in oneself and just allows one's creative juices to flow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment