Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Discovering Aiza Seguerra's Genius!




Vic had invited me to watch Aiza Seguerra, once in Araneta, and again in the Music Museum, but I begged off both times, since I was not really familiar with her discography.  I thought, at that time, that I wasn't really into her style of singing - which is acoustic - and at that time, I thought that watching an acoustic concert was something I won't enjoy because I easily fall asleep!

Anyway, now I understand why people love Aiza!  She's really the real deal!  A true artist who sings more from her heart, rather than just bamboozling everyone with birit notes!  She's the antithesis of all the birit queens I've had to endure all my life!

And although she only sang three songs last night, she was full on!! Talkative, funny, sincere, irreverent and a fantastic singer!  She's the only singer yet who made me teary-eyed singing to David Guetta and Sia's Titanium! I swear! I didn't even know that that was a break-up song - till she sang it with such tenderness.

She's also a fantastic guitarist and she can strum it like any other great guitarist I have seen in live shows!  She did a version of the Eraserheads' Huling El Bimbo last night and I was really impressed with how she worked the guitar!  Sometimes you'd think only a dude can do that!!

The funny thing lang though, is now, she really looks like a guy - but her looks can really be deceiving - because behind all that 'macho' posturing and those tattoos - and that rockin' Kiss shirt she wore for the show (talk about being underdressed!!) - she's really a sensitive interpreter of songs - a real OPM gem of a talent - and it's a pity I only finally discovered what all the rest of the Philippines had known for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment