Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Concert Review: Martin Nievera Sings All His Hits in His 33 Year Career





Because during my time the media played up the rivalry between Gary Valenciano and Marin Nievera, subliminally, Gary fans like me, tended to avoid watching and supporting Martin's gigs - which on hindsight - was really childish and stupid. But that's just how it is. It's happening right now with the JaDine's and the KathNiel fans. New generation, new stars, same stupid marketing ploy.
Why don't we just support all OPM artists? They're all great anyway!
And Martin sounded divine last night! He has really protected and preserved his voice even though I know he's older than me! To sound and look like that when you're in your 50s is quite an achievement!
This show was perfect for me because he only sang a few songs which were not his. In other words, it was a Martin Nievera greatest hits concert and I felt lucky I was part of it, because sa first four songs palang niya, a deluge of high school memories agad ang nangyari, as each of the songs played very crucial parts from when I was in Grade 7 to 4th year high school.
His guests were just as fantastic, and it included his son Robin, whom I've seen perform live na rin before, and KZ as well. Sana KZ would do what she did in this show in her own concert. I found her show before a bit stiff and staid when she's really a free-flowing performer kind of girl! She really gained a lot of new fans last night, especially from my age group.
Morissette is another revelation to me as well. This girl just needs one great song and she'll reach a lot of new fans! Make an album please.
I was really amazed at Martin's pipes since he sang for well over 2 hours and many of the songs were difficult!! There were many standards and Broadway songs as well. And he showed his versatility by singing the hit du jour, Shut Up and Dance.
He truly deserved the standing ovation he got in the end! One of the few local performers who can give foreign acts a run for their money!

No comments:

Post a Comment