Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, January 26, 2018

Sza's My Pick for Grammys Best New Artist


Bette Midler, Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, and Norah Jones are all Grammy Best New artist winners, and only time will tell if this year's winner will have the legacy and loyal fan base that those previous winners I've mentioned have.

I am not a fan (yet) of Lil Uzi Vert and Alessia Cara (who will most likely win this) but I am a big fan of Khalid and Julia Michaels.

However, after listening to all their work, it's SZA's music that is the most compelling and certainly brings a new dimension to urban R&B music from a black woman's point of view.

I was introduced to her through Maroon 5's (2005 winner for this award) What Lovers Do hit, and she sounds even better in her own songs. Such confidence in songwriting and her way of singing.

It would be a welcome surprise if she wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment