Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, January 26, 2018

My Grammy 'Record of the Year ' vote goes to Jay-z


Despacito should easily win the Grammy award for Record of the Year on Monday, with maybe Kendrick Lamar's 'Humble' as the spoiler, but if I were a voter, I won't be voting for those two songs.

I've been a fan of Latin music for three decades now but there's a certain blandness in the Latin landscape nowadays, or I am just getting old.

As for Kendrick Lamar, I find his songs from Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City far more interesting and superior from his current work, with Backstreet Freestyle as my most favorite.

Among the nominees, interestingly, it's Jay-z's 'The Story of O.J.' that sounds the most unique to me and sarcasm drips loads in the song - especially for voters like me who went through that O.J. debacle. So my vote goes to Jay-z.

However, since this is a Record of the Year award, 2017 was definitely Despacito all over the world - so no complaints there.

No comments:

Post a Comment