Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Concert Review: Westlife My Love



This is the second Westlife show I've seen, the first one being in HK five years ago. However, my friend, Jennifer has seen them since their first show here in Araneta Coliseum almost 11 years ago! The Coliseum was not full except for some areas which they say were sold out but based on the scream wattage tonight, the fans haven't lost their devotion for these Irish boys who first burst out of into the mainstream almost twelve years ago!

Well, the boys have grown up now but thankfully, they haven't lost any of their vocal abilities (especially Shane and Mark, who hit the notes song after song). They also look more mature now and more like your cute Daddies down the block! Mind you, they haven't gained weight, except maybe for Mark, who wore either black or grey the whole night to camouflage what has to be hidden.

The show had some fun parts. There was a segment where each of them picked a placard from a fan and Mark chose well, another guy who was holding a placard, Mark Kiss Me - in pink cartolina and white font! It was so big I could read it clearly from where I was sitting! There were a lot of witty placards that night but - there was even something about twins and asking them for their genes!!

I also love the segment where they made a montage of popular pop hits. I guess they had to do it since 90% of their hit songs are ballads and it would've been a melancholy night if they just stuck to that. So imagine each of them wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and dancing to Lady Gaga's Bad Romance and singing it as well. Mark even did Rihanna's Only Girl in the World. Perfect for him! It was actually a montage which they began with Coldplay's Viva La Vida, then Rihanna's song, then I think it was Dirty Bit, the Black Eyed Peas' song, and finished it with the rah-rah-rah-rah-rah of Lady Gaga!

As for me, I loved it when we all sang along to My Love. Too bad they didn't include Swear It Again or Fool Again in their repertoire tonight. I also love their rendition of I'm Already There which is a personal favorite of mine, as well as Michael Buble's Home.

World of Our Own was their second song so the audience wasn't really warmed up yet but the boys said the Filipino audience was the most enthusiastic audience they've had yet! I'm not surprised. Even Kylie Minogue said that!

Another funny comment they made was when Nick, I think, said that the girl who checked them in said that "they" helped her through grade school! And he asked the audience, so who else did we help get through grade school - and there was a roaring response for it! Talk about being fans after all these years!

I wouldn't be surprised if the boys come back. They have enough repertoire for a playlist B and they could always release an album of new material soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment