Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, February 10, 2013

So Excited for Mumford and Sons' Grammy Album of the Year Award!

The last time I got so excited about an act winning a Grammy Album of the Year award was when the Dixie Chicks got it a few years back.  I have been rooting for the British folk-rock band Mumford and Sons to win it this year for their work in Babel.  I discovered this band a few years back when Sigh No More, their first album just stayed in the UK top 10 and the Billboard album charts like forever!  And the delight I felt when I did listen to that fascinating album!  Just like what the band said today, because Adele was nominated with them in this category last year, they knew they had no look in.

But this year, they finally did!  It's not that the competition was weak, it was really good, it's just that I felt it was time for folk-rock music to finally take centerstage!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment