Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Concert Review: Cody Simpson in Manila Shows His True Musical Colors


I actually don't know who Cody Simpson is but last night, I got an invitation from a friend to watch his show. Kids right now are so lucky to see their music idols live, even those that aren't mega-famous!
This coming week alone, aside from Cody, there's the band Echosmith and Walk the Moon, coming to perform in Manila! I never had that experience as a teenager. It would've been fantastic to see Expose or Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam perform live!
Anyway, he had about 300 solid fans here in Manila, 99% teenage girls, who knew each of his songs very well. I'm sure Cody felt very happy hearing his songs being sung back to him!
As soon as he came out, all the girls rushed towards the stage and that was the first time I saw an SRO concert at the Resorts World! Don't you just love partying with young people!! Even Vertical Horizon didn't get that reception when they performed here.
I really thought Cody played bubblegum pop but turns out his music veers towards more of John Mayer and Jason Mraz's style - strong on guitars, very melodic, and lyrics about things like love and bees and heartache.
Also, he didn't quite look like the guy in the publicity pictures. He has certainly matured a lot but has maintained that surfer look that I think draws the girls to him. Yung parang hindi naliligo at walang pambili ng shampoo and conditioner. I guess some chicks dig that look.

No comments:

Post a Comment