Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Ten Favorite Songs for 2015 #7 Tori Amos - Wild Way

It has been more than a decade since I last listened to a Tori Amos album.  I chanced upon her latest album, Unrepentant Geraldines, earlier this year, and I was rewarded by two very beautiful songs from that album. 

It's a wonderful album and shows the superb songwriting skills of Tori!  As usual, she's still unapologetic about her politics and how she views the world, and that's the reason why she's so wonderful to listen to!

She has two songs in my year-end top 10 list and the first one comes in at #7. I was actually singing this song in the gym one time, and my friend, who was beside me, was shocked, because the song had the lyrics "I hate you, I hate you, I do". 

It was a funny moment, because I had to explain to her the meaning of the song!

If you listen to the words in the whole context of the song, you'd realize "I hate you" actually means, "I love you", but taken only in that phrase, one can misunderstand what the song was really trying to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment