Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Ten Favorite Songs of 2015 #8 Bjork - Stonemilker



Frankly, I don't know if some of my favorite artists could survive in today's pop climate. Take Bjork for example.  In today's disposable world of pop, I don't know if her kind of music would be able to find footing, if she came out today as a new artist.

It's an incredible realization though that this is now her third decade of making music.  As usual, most of the stuff she does would seem unpalatable but there's usually a gem or two of a song in each of her albums.

I chanced upon her last album, Vulnicura, and this is the song that welcomes you to this latest work from her.

Really nothing like Bjork singing to you about true love.  There's a bit of languid urgency and earnestness in her voice and how the words flow from her deliberate delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment