Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Concert Review: Lee Dewyze Does A Soulful Set, Eastwood City Mall




Well, the rain did us a favor tonight! Because of it, the wise people of Eastwood Mall decided to hold the mini-concert of Lee Dewyze INSIDE the mall and not in the usual venue, the Open Park. Because of it, I was able to secure a spot which was just about eight feet from him! Fantastic! And I picked the right side! He entered on my side and he always had to face my side since his keyboardist was on his left, that's why everytime he faces the keyboardist for cues or something, he would always face ME! Nice!

Thankfully, my camera cooperated today, so out of a gazillion pictures, at least some of them are clear. I really have to get a nicer, more high end camera, but the concerts just keep on coming, don't have the budget for it yet.

I actually don't watch AI anymore, but even then, it is so ubiquitous, you'd have to live under a rock not to know who won it or who came second. So yeah, I knew he won last year. I also partly know how he sings because he did this beautiful duet with Crystal Bowersox, their version of the Oscar-winning song, "Falling Slowly". It is a fantastic version!

Another thing that impressed me is his choice of songs tonight. This being just a mini-concert, I knew he had to pick at most, five songs, from his CD plus some songs he sang from AI. I was able to listen to his CD for just 3 days, but you can glean from there which is candy pop and which songs he really cared about! And for tonight, he picked songs that he really cared about - and good for me - those were the songs that I love too.

Yes, he did Sweet Serendipity and Live It Up - he has too - those were the only upbeat songs in his CD. He also did Beautiful Day, which he said he sang in AI, and a new song which he just composed. After that, he just sang the songs that I felt he really cared about - "Beautiful Like You", "Earth Stood Still" and "Brooklyn Bridge". When I was listening to his CD, I actually wished he'd sing any of these three, but I thought, nahhh, maybe he'd pick the more upbeat ones - so three out of three ain't bad at all! By the way, he did a surprise encore, and that was Brooklyn Bridge - just the song I would pick!

I could've had more pics of him but my camera had no battery anymore. Tsk, tsk!

By the way, a cute guy opened the show tonight. Turns out, he was the former lead singer of Frio, that band from Zamboanga. His name is Mark Alain. And he can sing! I guess he held his own considering that most everyone here tonight was just waiting for Lee. It's a good pairing.

I am also getting a hang of Eastwood Mall. Like MOA, it's a mall which constantly irritates me since it's easy to get lost and it's tough to buy basic stuff. But since I've been here a few more times now, I am beginning to get a clearer physical picture of the place and where my favorite stores are. I just wished they'd put them closer together so I wouldn't have to go to that side then the other side just to get all my brownie fix, my book fix, my movie fix and my music fix. But of course, if they do that, I wouldn't see the whole mall.

By the way, I like Lee's gray shirt tonight plus his gray tie accent. I've done that look before but not in one palette, and never in gray. Well, he's white so grey looks nice on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment