Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Rockin' Night with Simple Plan: Get Your Heart On Tour Manila 2012















This is the third time that the band Simple Plan has performed here in Manila (and interestingly, I was able to watch ALL THREE!).  Way back in 2005, they performed here with Avril Lavigne in a joint concert in a very rocky field at the Fort, then had their very own show in 2008 here at the Araneta also, and finally, this one is their third, in support of their album Get Your Heart On. 

While I was waiting for Jen near the gate, I noticed that the crowd was pretty young! Parents who I think were about my age were actually dropping off their kids and friends at the gate, telling them to have fun and take care!  I was actually kidding Jenny that she should not forget to bring her school ID, lest the security guards don't allow us inside! 

Anyway, we went in around 8PM, grabbed us a cheeseburger and big iced tea from the ever reliable Wendy's and found us a quiet corner on the side which afforded us a good view of the stage.  At around 8:30PM, the lights went out and the local band Kamikazee performed!!  Que buenas suerte!  I love one of their songs, Halik, which they promptly performed!  Judging from the audience's reaction, they have a solid following among these young kids!  They were singing along to the songs of the band!  Nakakahiya for me since it was only last year that I really followed OPM, kaya ayun, Halik lang ang alam kong song nila.  Jenny even knows the name of their lead singer, Jason ata yun, who she says she sees in Waltermart! 

After doing 5 songs, with me only knowing Halik and that Darna song, Kamikazee finished their set and Simple Plan came out around 9PM starting their set with their hit Shut Up!  They followed the same exact set list they performed in Hong Kong 2 days ago.  No complaints here!  I love all the songs they performed. I was actually taking videos of most of the songs since I really like them!  Of course, my most favorite is Jet Lag, which I sang along with them, and a host of new songs from their latest album, like Summer Paradise, Can't Keep My Hands Off You, You Suck at Love and Astronaut.  They also sang their old reliable hits like Perfect, I'm Just  A Kid, I'd Do Anything and Welcome to My Life.

It was an energetic and frenetic show all throughout since the band doesn't really have any "slow song", and their lead singer, Pierre Bouvier was jumping here and there!  The audience members were definitely true blue fans as they could sing along with the band and their colored sticks were constantly moving song after song after song, it was very beautiful to see from where we were seated!  The band promised to be back and I'm sure they will be, soon as they release their next album and I'm sure these kids I've seen tonight will still be there supporting them - and maybe add a few new fans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment