Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Avicii Gets Manila to D.A.N.C.E.





Well, the show started really really late, around 11:15PM na, to think we went to the gym na and had a leisurely drive to MOA from Trinoma. Still, we were about an hour early. The Bass Jackers though were pretty competent DJs so the wait wasn't infernal in any way. Anyway, we grabbed something to eat since I was really famished already. The burgers in the MOA Arena are really delicious, I mean, much better than Johnny Rockets haha, and that burger costs an arm and a leg! They didn't have iced tea though so I had to drink three large cups of softdrinks tonight. Bad, really bad! Anyway, I only know around six Avicii songs so I think around 12:30AM, he played all of them already. I loved the graphics that went with the music but since the Swedish House Mafia set such a high bar with their show last January, frankly, Avicii's show paled in comparison to those guys. Ironically, one of the best-received songs last night was from the SHM - Don't You Worry Child! Florence and the Machine's Sweet Nothing was very popular too but in my opinion, Calvin Harris' remix of that song is the one radio is playing. Anyway, I just hope next time they end a bit early, 12 midnight at least. I saw several people leaving the place already since Thursday is a work day! Maybe if they had the show on a Friday night or a Saturday, we could've finished the whole show. After dancing for more than an hour, my calves were really painful na, to think I was wearing sneakers! Pano na lang the girls wearing stilettos! Panindigan talaga teh! Well, kudos to the Republique team! I hope they can bring Skrillex and Calvin Harris again to Manila!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment