Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Concert Review: Jason Mraz Sings Love, Love, Love












I am so glad I decided to watch Jason Mraz's show last night.  I know he has had several previous hits like Remedy, I’m Yours, Lucky, and You and I, but none of them really caught my fancy until he came up with this beautiful ballad last year, I Won't Give Up.  It was one of those songs that just grew on me, the more I played it, the more I loved it!  Well, thousands of sentimental Filipinos trooped to the Araneta Coliseum last night to watch him.  The place was packed – and that was pretty impressive since Jason was just here more than a year ago, so to command his fan base to watch him again, he must’ve really impressed many people the last time he was around.  The guy has an incredibly beautiful voice.  I mean, what you hear on your Ipod, that is exactly what you'll hear live.  

My favorite song of his right now is "I'm Coming Over" and I was amazed at his live performance.  It was just so beautiful to hear, and he had this great band supporting him, providing the background vocals and music.  He slowed down the tempo of that song a bit which was perfect since it seemed like a lullaby.  I also loved how he sang ‘Plane’ and ‘A Beautiful Mess’.  I love it when he sings these really slow sad songs of his which those two are.  I expected a boring show with him just playing his acoustic guitar, but he came up with a vibrant song that could show to aspiring singers how to use a minimum of musical arrangement, and an array of weird instruments and just use their best gift, the expressiveness of their voice to enthrall an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment