Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, January 27, 2014

Beyonce Opens Grammys 2014


 When I listened to Beyonce's latest album last December, I began to understand why she had to resort to that gimmick of releasing the album 'suddenly' - without any warning. I guess it's because the new material is the most -un-Beyonce album that she has ever done!!

If you go from song to song, Beyonce just does things she doesn't normally do - even the arrangements are un-Beyonce - walang Booty Calls, walang Single Ladies - walang crowd pleaser songs like Love On Top - this is just a mesh of raw R&B and hip hop and it will take her fans several listens before everything sinks in. Even Drunk in Love doesn't pander to what radio expects Beyonce to produce - and I feel it's very brave of her to push her music this way.

I think it's also one of the rare times that my most favorite track from the album may also be everyone's favorite - don't you just love XO - I think she's singing this song for her husband, Jay-z - "in the darkest night hour / I'll search through the crowd / your face is all that I see
I'll give you everything / Baby love me lights out". I'm not a poet or a good songwriter but I love her lyrics in this album - wala na yung mga pa-cute na normal love lyrics.....she has really matured even in her songwriting.....

1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow Beyonce fan. :)
    She will soon perform in Manila this April or May.
    Let's spread the B love!

    ReplyDelete