Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, January 27, 2014

Much Love for Nile Rodgers!

 
 
While everyone was grooving to Blurred Lines last summer (I meant the US summer ha, not the Pinoy summer), Get Lucky was the song I preferred more, than that huge hit. Both songs kasi became famous almost at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I've been a Robin Thicke fan way before the public discovered him, when he still sang make out songs in falsetto, but it was Nile Rodgers participation in Get Lucky that made me take a second look at Daft Punk's latest opus.

I was very happy to finally see Nile Rodgers get a Grammy today especially in the big categories like Album and Record of the Year! Kasi when I bought Madonna's Like A Virgin album one hundred years ago, I learned that it was he who was instrumental in shaping Madonna's music at that point of her career.

And anyone who has THAT album would swear that the dance music there was fantastic - aminin!! Like A Virgin, Material Girl, Angel, Dress You Up - every single song there was great - and Nile who was then, a very popular disco producer for Donna Summer and the other disco greats of that era, might have helped Madonna shape her own sound, when she was at the start of her career.

Also, I was not surprised to see his name and Pharrell's in Daft Punk's album credits because although Daft Punk is already impressive on their own, the sound of Get Lucky definitely has that disco vibe that only a true disco producer can give - and what a fantastic collaboration this was!

No comments:

Post a Comment