Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, January 27, 2014

Recognizing Lorde

 
 
 
One thing that impresses me about Lorde and Taylor Swift is that at a very young age (Lorde is 17), they are able to express exactly what they feel in a way that is not mushy or boring or normal.

I mean, Lorde's song, Royals can mean different things to different people, and for me, I thought it was about discontentment and being in the outside looking in, yet when I learned later on that she was just 16 when she wrote it, and that she came from New Zealand pa, of all places, I understood perfectly where she was coming from and how she felt about not being in the 'in crowd' or being different from all the cool people in school, and being so far away from the center of the world!

Well, Lorde already has a Grammy now and she's definitely nearer the center of the music world - and now she has millions of young people (and some old fogies like me) who are interested to hear what she wants to say as she matures into a young vibrant lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment