When I bought Macklemore's album more than a year ago, I was expecting the same s**t I've heard from rappers - loose women, women's body parts, casual sex, blow jobs, bilmoko women, etc, etc - so I was pretty shocked to suddenly hear 'Same Love' amidst all the other songs. I remember the moment I heard it - I had to open my Itunes window to verify that it was indeed Macklemore's album that I was playing!! And I replayed the song 3 or 4 times just to make sure I was hearing his message right! It's very rare for rappers to support gay people - they often make fun of us, make us the butt of their jokes in their songs - so I was really really surprised that Macklemore wrote and sang this song. And he says matter of factly. No beating around the bush. Which is particularly refreshing! Definitely watching his concert here in March!
Nuffnang Leaderboard
Looking For An Artist?
Popular Posts This Week
-
I got an early birthday gift last week as I got to watch the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra at the Vice-Presidential Box of the CCP...
-
Taio Cruz has five top 10 hits in My FABE Music Top 10 countdown. One of them went all the way to #1. 2009 - Break Your Heart (with L...
-
KPop has been with us for several years now, but this week marks the first time a Korean song hits the #1 spot in My Personal Weekly...
-
Moophs is a DJ based in the US and in this song, he has Sam Concepcion sing the song. However, he gets credit for it, since he produced...
-
Anyone who says OPM is 'naghihingalo' should go out more and seek out clubs and bars where true OPM talent p...
-
Well, this was the last show they did in Costa Rica , of all places, how cool is that! Anyhow, it includes their two biggest hits, Party R...
-
Jessie J performed her hit Domino during the Jubilee concert. Her gown looks weird and I guess her high heels prevented her from doing...
-
Deadmau5 is another dance act who gets nominated from time to time. This year, it's for their song Raise Your Wespon, their collabor...
-
Howard Shore has already won three Oscar awards from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - twice for this category and once for the Best Original...
-
Alabama Shakes is an American rock band whose ascent into mainstream music consciousness has been compared to that of the White Stripe...
Monday, January 27, 2014
Macklemore and Gay Love
When I bought Macklemore's album more than a year ago, I was expecting the same s**t I've heard from rappers - loose women, women's body parts, casual sex, blow jobs, bilmoko women, etc, etc - so I was pretty shocked to suddenly hear 'Same Love' amidst all the other songs. I remember the moment I heard it - I had to open my Itunes window to verify that it was indeed Macklemore's album that I was playing!! And I replayed the song 3 or 4 times just to make sure I was hearing his message right! It's very rare for rappers to support gay people - they often make fun of us, make us the butt of their jokes in their songs - so I was really really surprised that Macklemore wrote and sang this song. And he says matter of factly. No beating around the bush. Which is particularly refreshing! Definitely watching his concert here in March!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment