Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, January 27, 2014

Macklemore and Gay Love




When I bought Macklemore's album more than a year ago, I was expecting the same s**t I've heard from rappers - loose women, women's body parts, casual sex, blow jobs, bilmoko women, etc, etc - so I was pretty shocked to suddenly hear 'Same Love' amidst all the other songs. I remember the moment I heard it - I had to open my Itunes window to verify that it was indeed Macklemore's album that I was playing!! And I replayed the song 3 or 4 times just to make sure I was hearing his message right! It's very rare for rappers to support gay people - they often make fun of us, make us the butt of their jokes in their songs - so I was really really surprised that Macklemore wrote and sang this song. And he says matter of factly. No beating around the bush. Which is particularly refreshing! Definitely watching his concert here in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment