Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, May 8, 2015

Katy Perry Prismatic World Tour 2015: Katy's Homage to 90s Music










I was mortified last night to realize how old I am na talaga! When Katy Perry segued Madonna's classic "Vogue" into her song, International Smile, I was the only one who danced to it - in my section of the audience.
To make matters worse, when her DJ played an all early 90s dance hit list which included a lot of dance classics from C&C Music Factory, Robin S, Technotronic, Marky Mark (that's Mark Walhberg for you today's young people, yes, he has a #1 dance hit in the early 90s) and the Funky Bunch among others, I was the only one - again - to dance in my section - huhuhu - NR ang mga batang katabi ko!
Laura even said to me when they played Cece Peniston's Finally, "Papa C, that song comes from an advertisement!" "Of what? I retorted back!"
O nga naman, these kids were born in the mid-90's! They wouldn't know how cool dance music was in the early 90s with the baggy pants and the attitude and the flailing arms!
That intro actually segued perfectly with Katy's next song - Walking on Air - which really sounds like an early 90s song to me. A homage to dance music during those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment