Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tim Pavino's Stages Session: Hugot Songs and Good Vibes


In penitence for supporting foreign concert acts throughout the years, I have been quietly looking out for OPM shows to watch as well, whether they be in big stages like the MOA Arena or an intimate one like a cafe.

I really liked the setting of Tim Pavino's Stages Sessions last night at The Coffee Bean cafe at the BGC.  I'm a regular diner in the restos in and around this building but for some reason, I had never entered this cafe branch before.

Anyhow, it provided a cozy ambiance for Tim to dish out his "Good Vibes" hit and a slew of hugot songs which the audience lapped up and applauded to.

Yun lang, I'm not really into hugot songs because I'm old already and people like us don't have time anymore to dwell on those emotions.

The only hugot song I liked was the Bonnie Raitt classic "I Can't Make You Love Me' which, surprisingly, they did in an upbeat jazzy arrangement.

He sang some real crowd pleasers as well like Forevermore and It Might Be You, which will certainly appeal to some of my friends and were crowd favorites last night.

Even then, I still enjoyed his show! I like his voice, I like the way he interprets songs, and I like the positivity that he carries as his raison d'etre.  The ones I liked were the Gary V. song Could You Be Messiah and Over and Over Again.

It was also a bonus that some of his contemporaries, Jason Dy and Morrissette Amon were there to support him.  They certainly made the show more exciting as well.

I am certainly looking forward to his new material and maybe a show to support the new material. I find great pleasure in seeing artists do their new stuff and talking about it.  It shows how they have evolved as artists.


No comments:

Post a Comment