Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, December 30, 2016

MY TEN FAVORITE SONGS OF 2016: #8 Hozier / Alana Henderson - In A Week



I finally listened to Hozier's eponymous album around May 2016, and I discovered what a gem it was - probably one of the most interesting albums I've heard this year!  

Hozier eventually got a Grammy Song of the Year nomination for his hit 'Take Me To Church'.

But the song that really appealed to me, even if it had a macabre theme - death through murder and decomposition and falling in love as corpses - was this gem of a duet - entitled "In A Week".

It reminds me of those simple, melodic duets of Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush, where the voices of the singers are given more importance rather than the lush arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment