Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Justin Bieber's Purpose: My Choice for Grammy 2017 Album of the Year Award

I don't know who the other 13,000 Grammy voters are going to pick for this year's Album of the Year, but for me, I already knew the best work for this year very early on.
I'm sure I was not the only one who was blown away by the beauty of Justin Bieber's Purpose album.
I'm a big fan of dance music and to see Justin segue so beautifully to the magic done by great DJs like Skrillex and Diplo reminded me of how Madonna made that great move merging her music with the electronica music of William Orbit.
The album sounds like Justin's diary as each song talks or talked about his comments on fame, his former girlfriends, and his realizations - much like a Taylor Swift album - only this time, it's a boy singing.
There are many great songs in the album, but I feel I'll Show You is his way of saying to the world, "I'm not just a piece of meat, or gossip fodder, I'm more talented than most of today's pop wannabe's, I'll show you", and this album is proof of that talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment