Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, December 25, 2017

A Christmas Song Tops My OPM Countdown This Christmas Week


It is not unusual for a Christmas song to top My OPM Top 10 countdown and it has happened several times over the course of the four decades of my countdown.

In 1986, Gary Valenciano topped my OPM countdown with the classic, "Pasko Na Sinta Ko", and the year after the diva Kuh Ledesma, put "Nakaraang Pasko" at #1.  

Then in 1990, Jose Mari Chan released the classic Christmas i nour Hearts album, which placed two songs at #1, the title track of the album and "A Wish for Christmas Night"

Then in 1993, Ariel Rivera's "Sana Ngayong Pasko" went to #1.  

Then in 2014, Joey Albert's "Kumukutikutitap"became the last Christmas song to top my countdown.

Till this week, when ABS-CBN released their Christmas station ID, a pretty catchy Christmas tune, sung by 38 of their talents.  It tops My OPM Top 10 countdown this week.

Here are my ten favorite OPM songs for the week ending December 22, 2017 -

#1 Just Love Ngayong Pasko (NEW)
     ABS-CBN Talents

#2 Ayaw La'g Huwat (#4)
      Von Saw

#3 Wow Na Feelings (#6)
      Janella Salvador

#4 High End (#3)
      Tanya Markova

#5 Kung Di Man Gani Kita (#5)
      Davelyn Cuenco

#6 Sigurado (#7)
      UDD

#7 Me and My Girls (#8)
      MMJK

#8 Dance With Me (#9)
      No Rome

#9 Extensyon (#10)
      Inigo Pascual / Aikee

#10 Ilaw Sa Daan (NEW)
        IV of Spades

No comments:

Post a Comment