Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, October 17, 2010

CHART PERFORMANCE: Phil Collins


Phil Collins drops six notches to #10 this week after it debuted at #1 in the UK charts, with his new album, 'Going Back'.  This is Phil's 5th #1 album in the UK and his 7th Top 10 - both as a solo artist.  Another impressive achievement is that Phil Collin's span between #1 albums has now stretched to an impressive 30 years!  His first solo #1 album, Face Value, was released in 1981.  Below is the list of his Top 10 albums in the UK -

1981 - Face Value (#1)
1982 - Hello, I Must Be Going (#2)
1985 - No Jacket Required (#1)
1989 - ...But Seriously (#1)
1993 - Both Sides (#1)
1996 - Dance Into the Light (#4)
2010 - Going Back (#10)

Among his CDs, I have No Jacket Required and ...But Seriously.  The latter is one of my all-time favorite albums since it marked my third year in university and some of its songs have become memorable since it happened during that time in my life. One song in particular, 'I Wish It Would Rain Down', was one of my comfort songs at that time, since I was going through a difficult time in my studies.  I heard that this is an album of Motown remakes.  Unfortunately, I am not into remakes, so I might not get a copy of this one.  Give us new material, Mr. Collins.  I am more interested in new material rather than a rehash of the classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment