Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, January 8, 2016

Remembering Natalie Cole



I brought Mama to one of Natalie Cole's concerts and in the middle of her show, she did some of her 70s and 80s hits.
At that time, I didn't know that she was the one pala who did the version of this song, Someone That I Used to Love, which was one of my favorites as a kid.
As a ten-year old though, I didn't know the gravity of feeling that the song had since at that age, I haven't experienced romantic love yet.

Anyway, what surprised me, was that Mama suddenly sang along as Natalie was doing the song! I rarely hear Mama sing along to contemporary songs! Connie Francis, Jack Jones, Frank Sinatra, yes, but to a song that was a hit in the early 1980s?
And you know, she sang it with a bit of hugot and alam na, she was singing it for somebody in her past. I did make kwento about this incident to her and she told me the back story to the song, but I won't write about it here because it's her personal life LOL!
The colorful lovelife of mader as interpreted by the late Natalie Cole. Kaya ayun, everytime this song is played, I remember her story. Of course, I can relate to the song now, and I have ascribed it na to a certain guy - a guy who was someone that I used to love, charot!

No comments:

Post a Comment