Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grammys 2011: My Vote for Album of the Year

It's fantastic that the Grammy voters decided to stay current this year.  Eminem is the only artist we can consider a veteran in this category - and in my opinion, Eminem's music is as current as anyone - so it just goes to show the wealth of talent among the new crop of music's movers and shakers. Arcade Fire, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry round out the other nominees for this prestigious category, and they all got the nominations at the peak of their musicmaking prowess.  Kudos to that!

However, my vote for this category goes to, who else, Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster.  I know this album was just an add-on to her phenomenal monster, The Fame, but when I heard it, it can might as well be another completely different album!  With such diverse sounding songs as Bad Romance and Alejandro and Telephone (and these were just the hits!), this is also an album which I enjoyed listening to - a lot!  I mean, every single song is something that I like, something which grows on you - a slow burn with a good ending! 

Anyhow, I don't really expect her to win in this category.  Most likely, Eminem should be the one to win this.  He deserves it!

1 comment: