Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pupil's Limiters of the Infinity Pool: The Best OPM Album of 2011, So Far

image

I've been listening to several releases by OPM artists this year, and although I'm not much into Pinoy rock music, I've been impressed by what I've been hearing from Pupil's latest effort - Limiters of the Infinity Pool.  Maybe it's my bias towards songs written in English but I love the work Ely has done on this album.  It really shows that he's a true artist making his unique voice heard through his music.  His band is like the Radiohead of the Philippines, pushing further and further, the sound of Pinoy rock, without fear of departing from what is considered classic or formulaic.  As I said on the title piece, this, for me, is the album to beat, in my list of best OPM album for 2011.

Also, by listening to this album, you wouldn't even know Ely had a previous band called Eraserheads.  His creative talent is just so deep he has just forged on with his music, instead of dwelling on the laurels of his glorious past.

No comments:

Post a Comment