Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Concert Review: Tears For Fears Lets It All Out






I wasn't able to see Tears for Fears' first concert here about two years ago so I was a bit glad that they've decided to come back - and this time around - do two more shows including one in Cebu!  They're the only foreign artist who has done three Philippine shows ever since I've been watching concerts!  

What I am most impressed about last night's show was how good they still sounded! And these guys should be around their mid50s already!  Every single song they played last night sounded as good as you'd hear them on their CDs!  And they did not stray too far away from the arrangements of their recorded version - which is always good for these 'greatest hits' type of shows.  I mean, who would want to hear a different version of Shout or Everybody Wants to Rule the World.  The fans would expect them to sound exactly as they remember them during their wonder years!

Their hits, of course, made the audience sing along with them - no surprise there!  It was like a certain switch in our brains just got turned on - and all gushed out lyrics we haven't sung to for more than 20 freakin' years!  I too was surprised I could remember the lyrics of Head Over Heels!  I guess you never forget certain things.  Useless things really like your favorite songs from high school!

My favorite performance for that night though was The Badman's Song.  I was really happy they decided to include it in their setlist - and they did it the same EXACT way it sounded in their Seeds of Love album.  Of course, Oleta Adams sounded better in the original but last night's female vocalist gave it her own spin.  

My next favorite performances were Roland Orzabal's Break It Down Again and then Woman in Chains.

They did play some new songs but since I didn't have enough time to listen to them - only Call Me Mellow was the one that kinda stuck with me - although strangely, the copy I have in my Ipod sounds a bit different.

We missed a bit of Fra Lippo Lippi's set but it was cute to see his son play!  I'm sure his son was very surprised to see the warm reception his Dad was getting here - in a country thousands of miles away and arguably - totally different from his.  Talk about music being a universal language!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment