Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Album Review: Pops Fernandez's 'Silver' Is A Diamond!



Pops Fernandez celebrates her 25th year in the local music industry with the release of her new album entitled Silver.  I bought a copy of the CD a few weekends ago and just popped it into my player three days ago.  It's a wonderful album and Pops sounds so cool and classy here!  Her vocal style and range is reminiscent of my other favorite vocalist, Vanessa Williams - it's lush and very expressive!

Well, she has some very good songs in this CD, three in fact - which her recording company should've pushed!  The first song, By Heart is a good first choice since it shows her at her most luscious vocals!  It took me sometime to warm up to Still In Love but it's another gem waiting to be discovered.  Finally, her duet with son Robin, is my most favorite of all!  Robin may not have the vocal range of his Dad, Martin Nievera, but he sounds so cute here!

Watch out for any of the three songs to enter my personal top 10 this coming Friday!

If you are my age and grew up when Pops Fernandez was the Concert Queen - I suggest you get a copy of this CD since it's good, solid work from the Queen herself.  It's really great to still hear her sound so good and fresh and cool - after all these years!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. The album, Silver definitely is a gem! So many deep cuts.

    ReplyDelete