Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Concert Review: Macklemore Definitely Knows How to Throw A Party










I was definitely surprised at how comfortable in the stage and how great Macklemore's stage presence was last night during his concert here in Manila. From the first word he rapped until he said his farewells, he commanded the stage and stirred the very discerning Pinoy audience into a frenzy! The whole VIP section including the mosh pit area was just jumping and waving their arms - they were so much fun to watch from my vantage point!

I decided to situate myself in the Lower Box though since I'm not young anymore and I cannot stand for three hours to wait for Macklemore to appear (the concert started quite late, around past 10PM na) - so kung mosh pit ako, dapat andun na me ng 7PM to get good pwesto.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis did a very compact set, singing all their hits plus a few songs from their earlier work, The Other Side, and some songs from The Heist as well. I shed a bit of tears when he sang Same Love. Pano naman, nagspiel kasi about equality and echos echos kaya ayan, napa-teary eyed ako. It's very rare for a major artist to publicly profess in a concert here in Manila, equality in rights for gay people - so medyo kinilabot ako when he was making the speech. He really sounded sincere - and the song explicitly proclaims his beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment