Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Hazards of Autotune

Yes, you can hear almost everyone using them now, from Kanye West to Rihanna, and it does help in making the singer sound much much better, but in a way, it's shortchanging the fans!  I know that there are singers and there are performers.  Madonna is a performer, Charice would be the singer.  In my book, anyone who has to rely on non-singing things to make them more interesting would be a performer, and there's nothing wrong with that!  Fans anyway, will always gravitate to the most interesting performer or singer.  The reason why I say it's shortchanging the fans, is that, when they hear the artist sing it live.....that's when the discrepancies come out - which can be a bit of a letdown.  Anyhow, for me, if you're a performer like Lady Gaga, I'm after the spectacle of your live show.  But if you're a singer in my book, better preserve that voice of yours, otherwise, you're headed where Whitney Houston is right now - a legacy of fine singing but no more voice to sing it live.

No comments:

Post a Comment