Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Concert Review: Enjoyed the Show of the Super Talented Sam Concepcion





I was really impressed with how Sam Concepcion performed last night at his concert at the Music Museum! Yes, he can sing, but he's also very articulate in his spiels and he can dance! He seemed very relaxed with his dance moves so I'm really surprised why most people just think he only sings (well, I think I was the only one who thinks he can't dance).

I like the pacing of the show, and it was great that during the first half of the show, Sam sang most of the songs in his latest album, something I think that OPM acts should do, instead of singing other famous foreign songs. Before the concert, I was really apprehensive that, like other local acts, the show would just be a glorified karaoke night, for a singer with a good voice, singing today's latest hits. 

Well, Sam did sing some of today's hits, but it was just a host of Chris Brown songs (his last set), and my favorites, John Legend's All of Me, and A Great Big World's Say Something. At least, since di pa masyado gasgas ang mga songs na eto, he performed them na. I also enjoyed the Michael Jackson set, the Eraserheads set, I even loved how he sang Coldplay's Yellow! I was pissed nga kasi I only have a 2GB memory card in my camera. Ano ba yan? Kung kelan maraming magandang ivideo na songs, wala naman akong memory space!

Sam is very lucky to have this group of fans called the Samsters who really supported his show! He actually came out after the show, sat at a table and gamely autographed merchandise, even if he did look a bit tired. Even then, he had a ready smile for everyone who wanted a photo op like me! Well, sa totoo lang, without these fans, wala rin silang career, so for him to openly appreciate that, should spread the good word about him.

I really wish for Sam to have more live shows and to have more hit songs. He has so much to offer as a performer - and it would be interesting to chart his journey as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment