Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Enjoying Barbra Streisand's 'Love Is the Answer'

There are days when I just want to hear standards, and today is one of those days.  Anyhow, the first standards CD I picked from my collection was Barbra Streisand's last album, 'Love Is the Answer'. It's a very cool and spare album since Barbra co-produced it with Diana Krall, so you can definitely hear all that jazzy influence in it - from the piano to the wind instruments.

However, I chanced upon this video of a live performance of one of my favorite songs from that album - 'In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning'.  It's a great live cover and she is accompanied by a three-set jazz ensemble, which helps recreate the sound she made for this album.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment