Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, July 25, 2014

Concert Review: The Bouncy, Vibrant and Youthful Set of Disclosure in Manila 2014






It was lagare night for me last night because as soon as the opening credits of La Grande Bellezza came out at 11PM, I rushed to the parking lot and drove hurriedly yet carefully from Shangrilla Mall to the World Trade Center, weaving my car attentively around the slippery rain-strewn streets of Manila.

As I arrived almost midnight at the venue, I knew Disclosure was not yet at the helm since there were many young people milling outside. Buti na lang I made the right decision to watch a movie before coming here. Sabi ko na nga ba 12 midnight pa sila lalabas!


Well, Disclosure is actually two brothers who DJ together and they gained fame due to several of their hits which include 'Latch' a sentimental favorite of mine, since it's one of the songs I danced to in a public performance!  Kaya to hear it finally played in a live DJ set was just an electrifying experience!

The brothers are very young (19 and 22 daw e) and it really showed in their set.  They started off with their hits, "When A Fire Starts to Burn" and "F For You" and so much as I wanted to go wild, I couldn't kasi medyo masikip ang surroundings.  

Anyway, as the show wore on, medyo lumuwag na as the brothers played songs which were unfamiliar to many.  However, I love the 80s vibe that they played at a certain point.  

I loved that they did Frontin' (that Pharrell classic) as well and midway, they did Confess to Me and Help Me Lose My Mind.  Yun lang ang kilala ko.

They closed the show with White Noise (which recharged the crowd) and their final song was 'Latch' which drove the audience wild!  Biglang nagising ang mga tao! (2AM na rin kasi and Friday was a school or work day for many).  

Critically, I found their set youthful, vibrant and bouncy but not yet as enjoyable as the veterans like SHM and Tiesto (whose unfamiliar songs are as compelling as the famous ones!).  Anyway, they will mature soon and it would be interesting to see how they evolve as artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment