Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Embarrassment of Riches in The Voice Kids






The director of the Bourne Legacy once said that the talent here in the Philippines was "an embarrasment of riches". Obviously, he referred to the acting pool in our country.

We can safely say that it also applies to the overabundance of singing talent in this country.

Thanks to Ma'm Ligaya Salonga and Jennifer Sy, I was lucky again to see the latest incarnation of The Voice series here in the Philippines! This time, the contestants were kids!! Last night, I watched six very talented kids vie for four slots in the final round of the competition. Sa totoo lang, ang hirap pumili kung sinong i-eliminate. 

Jennifer Sy and I were discussing it after dinner and I candidly told her who I wanted to stay in the competition, and we realized, walang matitira sa Team Lea!! 

If I were a judge kasi, just basing from last night's performance, I would pick Edray as my first pick, because she really has 'the voice'! Then Juan Karlos as second pick because he's guapo and malakas ang stage presence, then Darren as a very close third pick. This kid performs like Bruno Mars! He can sing and he can move and he can belt as well!

My fourth pick and sentimental choice is Lyca who was so earnest and sweet and so innocent in her responses to the questions. The funny thing is, among the performances last night, it was hers that I was almost choked to tears! She had that 'paawa' effect kasi and she did a great version of Sharon Cuneta's song

No comments:

Post a Comment