Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Great Big World Snags Second #1 Song for 2014 with I Really Want It


The duo A Great Big World snag their second #1 hit this year, as I Really Want It moves to the top spot this week!  Last March, the duo got their very first #1 hit with Say Something, their collaboration with Christina Aguilera.

Here are my ten favorite songs for the week ending July 18, 2014 -

#10 Pharrell feat. Justin Timberlake - Brand New (NEW)

Pharrell returns to my personal countdown this week with his eighth top 10 hit. The song Brand New debuts at #10 and its Pharrell's collaboration with Justin Timberlake. This is Justin's 15th top 10 hit in my personal countdown.



#9 Sia - Chandelier (NEW)

Australian singer Sia returns to my personal countdown this week with her 3rd top 10 hit. Chandelier debuts this week at #9.



#8 Mali Music - Beautiful (#9)

Gospel singer Mali Music's Beautiful moves up this week to #8. It's the new peak position of the song.



#7 Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You (#8)

Ellie Goulding's How Long Will I Love You moves up a notch to #7 this week.



#6 Vertical Horizon - Consolation (#7)


Another Vertical Horizon song, Consolation, is in the top 10 this week.  It's the third top 10 hit from the band's latest album Echoes From the Underground.  The song began its chart run last week.  The song has already peaked at #3 the week Vertical Horizon was here in Manila.  

The band played here in Manila this year but they did not play this song.




#5 Christina Perri - Human  (#6)


Christina Perri's Human moves a notch to #5 this week. It's her second top 10 hit after A Thousand Years which also reached #6 last year.





#4 Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly - Do What You Want (#5) 


Lady Gaga's latest hit, Do What You Want, her collaboration with R. Kelly, moves up my personal countdown this week from #5 to #4. It's currently featured in the current Body Jam release that's why the song has charted.  It's the fifth top 10 hit from Lady Gaga's Artpop and her 25th top 10 hit overall. This is also R. Kelly's 15th top 10 hit in my personal countdown. It marks his third consecutive decade to have a top 10 hit.




#3 Katy Perry - Birthday (#2)




Katy Perry's Birthday slips down to #3 this week. It's also her 16th top 10 hit in my personal countdown and the second top 10 hit from her latest album Prism.

#2 Jennifer Lopez feat. French Montana - I Luh Ya Papi (#4)

Jennifer Lopez latest hit "I Luh Ya Papi", her collaboration with French Montana, moves up this week from #4 to #2. It's her fifteenth top 10 hit in my personal countdown.


It's her first top 10 hit as well from her tenth album, AKA.


It's also French Montana's first top 10 hit in my personal countdown.





#1 A Great Big World - I Really Want It (#3)

The duo, A Great Big World, gets their second straight #1 hit in my personal countdown this week as I Really Want It, moves up from #3 to #1. Last March, the duo had their very first #1 song with Say Something, their collaboration with Christina Aguilera.



No comments:

Post a Comment