Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Smashin' Rave Party with Swedish House Mafia


Last night's 'concert' offered a lesson of sorts to me, this being the first concert I've attended by a dance artist. David Guetta came here last year but I was out of the country, so I missed it.

Well, tip #1 for a concert of a dance artist - DON'T COME EARLY! I came around 7:30PM to find that the gates were not open and no one was inside the MOA Arena yet!! We decided to get something to eat first then entered the arena around 8:30PM. Well, that was still too early!! There was a pre-concert DJ revving everybody up but SHM came out at 11PM!! So Tip #2 - take a nap before coming to the show - you'll need the extra energy and anyway, they start late. Tip #3 - wear comfortable dancing shoes!! Especially for dance acts like SHM!! You'd hate yourself if your shoes were killing you and you can't dance since these guys really know how to mix it up!! Tip #4 - keep yourself hydrated - Denki joked that I drank 3 pails of iced tea last night! Yeah, it was a bit true since I went our several times to get a drink - maybe I lost 700 calories dancing last night but drank 1200 calories of iced tea - so that's going to show in my belly later!

As for the show, I really loved it!! It was amazing how they were able to combine video, laser lights and fireworks with the music - and making everything synchronize to the music! Frankly, I only know like, six of their songs - and they played a full 2-hour set last night - but I wasn't bored at all - I was dancing like crazy for a full hour - and it was great too that the crowd were hard core clubbers themselves - so it was full party atmosphere last night!!

And the bonus part was there were so many cute boys - mostly straight and they came in packs!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment