Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Ten Favorite Concerts of 2013

I was lucky enough to see twenty different concerts this year from a slew of local and foreign acts.  Some were disappointing but some were good enough to reach my top 10.  Here they are -

#10 Onerepublic 



Thanks to this concert, I was able to discover how good some of the songs were from Onerepublic's Native album, especially Preacher.  Ryan Tedder sounded kinda off though that night.

#9 Aerosmith

Steven Tyler growled and sang like a pro the night he was here in Manila.  Too bad I forgot my camera at home!  The stage set up at MOA was just fantastic!

#8 Lea Salonga


An impeccably well directed show, Lea Salonga has the set of pipes which even nightingales would envy.  She was in top form during her show a few weeks ago.
 
#7 Enrique Gil


 Probably the only non-singer who was given a chance to have a concert this year.  Enrique only had to take his shirt off and the Araneta Coliseum would turn into a shrieking mess!  This boy is definitely hot!

#6 Lawson

When Lawson came to Manila last April, they were not that famous yet but they have since gained more popularity and I won't be surprised if they fill up the Araneta Coliseum when they come back here!

#5 Jason Mraz


Jason Mraz's show didn't have too much gimmickry and he has depended solely on his earnest delivery of many of his hit songs.  Thanks to this show, I was introduced to I'm Coming Over and A Beautiful Mess.  Lovely, lovely songs!
 
#4 Gary Valenciano


A veteran already of almost 30 years of live shows, Gary V.'s series of intimate shows during the stormy month of August was probably the most cozy show I saw this year!  Gary just set the mood right for the whole show!


#3 The Killers



I don't know why I  got emotional during some of the songs that Brandon song during The Killers' concert here but I did and Brandon really performed the band's songs pretty well!  Definitely a show I would watch again if I can!
  
#2 Swedish House Mafia




One of the best concerts I have ever seen!  Electrifying opening song! Tight set!  Lots of reasons to stay dancing!

#1 Alicia Keys


Alicia's show had some wonderful surprises - it added to the already tight and exciting set she had prepared for everyone that night!  Another memorable concert!


No comments:

Post a Comment