Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Ten Favorite Songs of 2013 (#'s 5-1)


#5 Macklemore, Ryan Lewis and Mary Lambert - Same Love

I like Thrift Shop.  I do not like Can't Hold Us.  But it was this song Same Love, by Macklemore, which really caught my attention.  The first time I heard it, I had to rewind it several times just to make sure I was hearing the lyrics right!  Macklemore is, after all, a white rap artist, and this genre has never been known to be cozy with the gay rights movement.  Great song with a great message!  



#4 Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound

This was the opening song of the band's concert here in Manila January this year.  It was a breathtaking and pulsating scene and the memory of it has lingered with me throughout these 365 days!  The song is just an instrumental, which is rare in my personal countdowns and it's a bit short but the effect on me is just ecstatic frenzy!  This is by the way, the highest charting song that we dance to in Body Jam class.


#3 Zedd featuring the Foxes - Clarity

This was one of those rare songs where it was love at first hearing!  The lyrics were just apt for what I was feeling at that time and the way the song was arranged makes it reach just a perfect climax!  I learned later on that it had become popular with everyone else.  Well, it would be hard to escape a great dance song like this!


#2 David Bowie - Where Are We Now

2013 opened with this melancholy song from David Bowie, his first number 1 song in my personal countdown since the 80s!  The song has stuck with me throughout the 365 days and is my #2 favorite song of the year, despite its forlorn mood.  



#1 Emeli Sande - Clown

This quiet and sad song from Emeli Sande came out early in 2013 and has maintained being my most favorite song for the year.  I just love it!  I love the spare arrangement and the way Emeli sings it!  Unfortunately, none of her follow ups or songs from her album quite caught my interest the way this did.

No comments:

Post a Comment