Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Ten Favorite OPM Songs of 2013 (#'s 10-6)

My ten favorite OPM songs for 2013 -



#10 Zsa Zsa Padilla - Palagi

I've always been a fan of hers since the 80's and it was great to know that she released an album of new material this year.  I promptly bought the CD and this song was the one that stood out for me.  I don't know if they released it already to radio, but I don't really care.  I just pick songs that I like and if the rest of the world likes it soon enough, then great for her!  This song is vintage Zsa Zsa in terms of arrangement and the way she sings it.



#9 Emmanuelle - Dear Diary

This girl has an EP which I bought in 2012 and I left out this song from last year deciding to include it in my OPM countdown this year - and it has stuck with me till the end of the year.  I think the one who manages her also manages Markki Stroem (I could be wrong) but it's a pity that she hasn't really broken in the mainstream.  She has strong songwriting skills which kinda reminds me of Taylor Swift during her early years.


#8  Sarah Geronimo - Ikot Ikot

I am not quite familiar as to how Sarah Geronimo evolved as an artist but this song is perfect for her and I think she matures a lot here, shedding of that pacute image that has always turned me off.  If she continues to make music this way, then I might, just might, buy her CD.  I am actually curious to hear what other material she is capable of producing.


#7  Franco - Better Days

It's a pity I missed the concert of this band last April.  I think it was too near the Easter holidays and I had some commitments.  This is one of the best OPM songs this year, in terms of arrangement and originality!  This song can definitely be marketed worldwide and I won't be surprised if somebody out there in the wide English speaking world picks it up!


#6 Ebe Dancel and the Cast of Sa Wakas - Bawat Daan

Another beautiful OPM song this year and this time, it comes from a musical, Sa Wakas, on the songs of Ebe Dancel and Sugarfree.  It's a beautifully written ballad and the way Ebe and the cast sings it is just amazing!  Too bad I missed seeing the musical, to think the PETA Theatre is just five minutes from our house!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment