Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Ten Favorite OPM Songs of 2013 (#'s 5-1)

#5 Toni Gonzaga - Kahit Na

I remember reading somewhere that a listener was turned off by this song because Toni sings about her lover as "mukhang paa" - and the listener found it offensive.  I think the song's cute!  Even the video!  It's pretty tongue-in-cheek really!  And it's pretty rare to have a bouncy OPM song so I remember that the first time I heard this, I was already dancing to it!




#4 Angeline Quinto - Patuloy ang Pangarap

I think this song was popular way back in 2011 but since it was only this year that I got hold of her CD, I count this song for this year.  I really like the way she sings and although she and Regine sound very alike, I think they are also different for many obvious reasons.  As for me, the more singers there are, the merrier for everyone, especially the fans - no matter if they sound similar in one way or another.  Surely, as they mature as artists, they will find their own unique voice!  I love the arrangement of the song - very Regine hahaha!



#3 Chris Cantada - Other Side

I actually saw Chris perform live in one of those bars in Makati.  It was a pity that we were like five in the audience at that time!  Anyway, he and the other guys who performed that night really gave their all.  This is one of the good songs from his album Heartbeat and I won't be surprised if I unearth more good songs from it in 2014.  As a matter of fact, January is still climbing my Top 10 OPM charts this week.



#2 Sam Concepcion, Tippy Dos Santos, Quest - Dati

I wish I could sing along with this song.  I think the pitch they chose is just too high for me so I could never properly sing along to it!  But I love this song and I love how Sam and Tippy blend their voices together.  Remind me to buy Sam's CD because three songs from it have already charted in my OPM countdown and I won't be surprised if I discover some more treasures from it.



#1 Juris - Hanggang Wakas

This year, melancholy trumps fun songs - and it's true for both my OPM and my international countdowns.  Juris' melancholy song about someone awaiting death, is my most favorite OPM song of the year.  I just love how she sings it and the sadness that she brings to the song.  I have been playing it over and over and I haven't gotten bored with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment