Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Concert Review: Taylor Dayne in Manila






















The 80s and 90s really seem like ages ago but still, Taylor Dayne brought back to life, hits which made her famous in the first place.  She still had the pipes to sing all her dance hits and power ballads. "Love Will Lead You Back" did lead many back to those days of their innocent first loves. 

Her heyday came in the late 80s and early 90s, right smack during my high school and college years that's why she figures so prominently in my musical life. 'I'll Be Your Shelter' and 'Heart of Stone' were anthemic songs for me and her work was solid up to her Soul Dancing album. Her voice is still strong and clear. But like most artists from the 80s who come here for a show, it's often a case of having a party twenty years too late. Nevertheless, I had a great time last night as I knew each of the songs in her setlist. Too bad, she didn't sing 'Heart of Stone' though.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments: