Nuffnang Leaderboard

Looking For An Artist?

Popular Posts This Week

Friday, June 29, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Winner Lorren Brings Euphoria to My Personal Countdown


Dance music once again tops my personal countdown this week, thanks to the trance dance music of Sweden's Loreen in Euphoria!  Here are my top 10 favorite songs this week -

#1 Loreen - Euphoria (#2)

This is Loreen's first #1 song in my personal music countdown, although many other Swedish artists have made it to #1, the last being Robyn - another Swedish dance meister!

#2 The Cast of The Book of Mormon - Hello (#1)

It's not unusual for Broadway tunes to top my personal music countdown list.  Hairspray's You Can't Stop the Beat was the last one to do that!

#3 Azealia Banks - 212 (#3)

One of the grooviest rap songs this year - and done by a woman! Tres cool!

#4 Josh Turner - Time Is Love (#4)

My favorite country song this year!  Sang like a true country classic!

#5 Gary Barlow/The Commonwealth Band/Military Wives - Sing (#7)

Brought tears to my eyes when they sang this during the Jubilee! Simple song but beautifully sung!

#6 Jurassic Pards - Mahal Ko Si Yaya (NEW)

From the band which we became fans after watching their live set at B-Side at the Collective.

#7 Giniling Festival - Hipon (NEW)

Giniling Festival was the other band that impressed us during their live gig at the B-Side.

#8 Maroon 5/Wiz Khalifa - Payphone (NEW)

Maroon 5 is on a roll with another hit!  Pop heaven at its best!

#9 Philip Phillips - Home (NEW)

It's been ages already since this year's American Idol final but it's only this week that Philip Phillips song which he sang there enters my personal countdown.  He sounds like Mumford and Sons here - and I mean that as a compliment!

#10 Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw - Feel Like A Rock Star (#10)

One of my favorite country songs this year!  And sung by country royalty at that!
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment